Rough Q1 for Xerox!

jwheeler

Xerox just released their Q1 financials summary. ¡No bueno!

Q1 2024
  • Revenue of $1.50 billion, down 12.4 percent, or 13.2 percent in constant currency.
  • GAAP net loss of $(113) million, or $(0.94) per share, a decrease of $184 million or $1.37 per share, year-over-year, respectively. This quarter includes after-tax Project Reinvention related charges of $100 million, or $0.80 per share.
  • Adjusted net income of $11 million, or $0.06 per share, declined by $71 million or $0.43 per share, year-over-year, respectively.
  • Adjusted operating margin of 2.2 percent, 470 basis points lower year-over-year.
  • Operating cash flow of $(79) million, lower by $157 million year-over-year.
  • Free cash flow of $(89) million, lower by $159 million year-over-year.

With the install numbers so low, it's easy to predict that their future revenues from those potential installs are also going to be affected.

I was thinking earlier today about how reliable my V180 has been. We had the drum debacle of course, but the drums I'm getting now last so long that it barely ever enters my mind that the drums can still fail. Xerox has done an amazing job solving that problem, as even before the drum debacle, the drums didn't last quite as long as they do now. It seems like there are at least pockets of competence at Xerox. Apart from the 2nd BTR needing to be replaced rather often, the machine is incredibly reliable and my service has been great.

I hope Xerox figures things out and ships a new generation printer, so that they can get the installation game moving again. Signing a five year lease on a new 280 seems a bit dubious.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 18-35-13 1Q2024-XRX-Financial Model - 1Q2024-XRX-Financial Model.pdf.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 18-35-13 1Q2024-XRX-Financial Model - 1Q2024-XRX-Financial Model.pdf.png
    73 KB · Views: 50

"In its Q1 results just announced, Xerox noted a $36m (£28.8m) inventory impact related to “the exit of certain Production Print manufacturing operations”.

From the Printweek article . . .

"He added: “Our dedication to the production print market remains unchanged and we expect the rationalisation of our offering to improve our differentiation and distinctiveness in this important market.

And this means what?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back